Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Coherent
"The book is a deeply personal narrative that takes some liberties with the facts for the sake of a coherent tale."
Def:Logical connected;consistent(Dictionary.com)
Context Clues:I felt that coherent did mean something to do with connection. This was not my first time hearing this word. It sounded very familiar to me that's I decided to choose it.

Syndicated
"Obama's grandmother, syndicated columnist Charles Krauthammer pointed out, 'never spraed racial hatred'."
Def:a group of individuals or organizations combined or making a joint effort to undertake some specific duty or carry out specific transactions or negotiations(Dictionary.com)
CC:When first reading this sentence with the word in it, it kind of made sense to me that syndicated meant like pointed out to a group of people. Maybe like distinguishing them.

Torrent
"There's no escape from the adolescence and the torrent of questions that accompany it."
Def:a stream of water flowing with great rapidity and violence. (Dictionary.com)
CC:First reading this sentence with this unfamiliar word sounded,to me, like it would be a large amount or abundance of questions. But now that I know the real definition, the word along with the sentence also makes better sense to me.

No comments: